Jane Austen Cotton Face Mask
These 100% premium cotton face masks are comfortable, lightweight and feature beautifully digitally printed designs.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the use of cloth face coverings1 as face masks to supplement social distancing in the fight against the spread of COVID-19. While the CDC’s guidance recommends even homemade cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of the virus, now you can go a step further with a beautifully decorated cotton face mask. These customizable cotton face masks are NOT surgical masks, personal protective equipment, or N-95 respirators – these critical resources are reserved for the brave healthcare workers who are on the front lines, taking care of our loved ones – but rather are intended for general, everyday use while out in public when social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. We made sure that our face masks had all the most-important features to keep you safe and comfortable:
- Easy to use (CDC guidance on how to wear and remove a mask )
- Reusable (Wash with proper sanitization after each use)
- 2 layers of comfortable 100% premium cotton fabric
- Sturdy over-the-ear elastic straps for a snug fit
- Machine washable and reusable
- One size fits all to cover your nose and mouth
- Please note that our face masks have not been tested for flame resistance or skin sensitivity
- Proudly made in the USA
While guidance is continually evolving, The Strand has compiled information it hopes you will find helpful on how to stay safe and protect the ones you love:
1 Source: CDC.GOV
Disclaimer: The mask should not be used (1) in any surgical setting or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily or other hazardous fluids, may be expected; (2) in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high; or (3) in the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas. We make no warranties, either express or implied, that the mask prevents infection or the transmission of viruses or diseases.
Returns: For health and safety reasons, all face mask sales are final and are not returnable or exchangeable.
Tips from the Mayo Clinic
Here are a few pointers for putting on and taking off a cloth mask:
- Place your mask over your mouth and nose.
- Tie it behind your head or use ear loops and make sure it’s snug.
- Don’t touch your mask while wearing it.
- If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
- Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
- Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
- Regularly wash your mask with soap and water in the washing machine. It’s fine to launder it with other clothes.
Finally, here are a few face mask precautions:
- Don’t put masks on anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious or otherwise unable to remove the mask without help.
- Don’t put masks on children under 2 years of age.
- Don’t use face masks as a substitute for social distancing.